Social Media/ Email Marketing Specialist APPLY NOW
We are looking for a driven Social Media / Email Marketing Specialist to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities and networks users as well as take the lead with our email marketing strategies. Your main duties include running social media & email marketing campaigns end-to-end, managing email databases and creating newsletters.
If you’re interested in web technologies and can generate innovative ideas to increase sales, we would like to meet you. As a Social Media / Email Marketing Specialist, your role is to reach customers through social media & email campaigns to inform them about new products and events.
Ultimately, you should be able to promote our brand and ensure our customers stay in touch with our company updates.
What does a Social Media / Email Marketing Specialist do?
The goal is to gradually achieve superior customer engagement and intimacy, website traffic and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media & email marketing roadmap.
Social media specialists should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels. You are responsible for joining relevant conversations on behalf of the brand and “soft selling” the product by providing support to current and prospective customers.
Social Media Responsibilities
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (customer relations, sales etc) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
Email Marketing Responsibilities
- Identify target audience and grow our email list
- Design and implement direct email marketing campaigns
- Proofread emails for clarity, grammar and spelling
- Ensure mobile-friendly email templates
- Write newsletters including all company updates
- Upgrade our email templates using graphics, personalization and advanced features
- Ensure prompt and accurate communication with clients via email to minimize unsubscribes
- Create email databases for lead generation
- Analyze campaign performance and suggest improvements
- Report on sales revenue generated from email marketing efforts
- Ensure emails follow industry policies and best practices
Requirements and Skills
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a Digital Media Specialist
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge & Familiarity with analytical and database tools
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability
- Fluency in English
- BS in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Strong project management skills
- An ability to work under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in marketing automation technology